Braking Systems are supply reducing the speed of a car and fully stop it, when necessitate. besides brakes are function in case when we need to keep the car on the target. The brake system must to be most efficiency during the braking under different driving loads .
Types of Braking Systems
- Service brake system – is used during the riding of the car to reduce the speed and full stop;
- Parking Brake system – is used to keep the stopped car on the place;
- Spare Brake system`s purpose is – stop the car when service brake system failure;
- Auxiliary Brake system is using like as brake-retarder on the Trucks during a long braking (for example: by the long downhill).
- Trailer brake system – is used to reduce trailers` speed, and also automatically braking in the event of a breakage in the coupling with the truck.
Braking system consists of drives and brake mechanisms which provide brake of rotating wheels or one of the transmission`s shaft. decision of cable car brake system efficiency is doing by the method acting of braking distance calculate ( from press pedal point here and now to amply stop the car ). Most efficiency braking result can be reached with function front and rise wheels braking at one time .
Bạn đang đọc: Types of Car Brakes and Types of Braking Systems
If you want to understand braking system more detail read the data how a harrow brake work and how a drum brake work .
Drum brake system diagram
Drum Brakes Construction: 1 – pedal; 2 – expanding brake cam; 3 – brake drum; 4 – brake shoe; 5 – brake shoe pins; 6 – brake shoe plate; 7 – brake shoe return spring.
Xem thêm: Wikipedia
What are the differents between Drum brakes and Disk Brakes?
In cram brakes system, friction forces are generated on the inner coat of the brake cylinder, but in magnetic disk brakes friction forces are generated on the side surfaces of the rotating phonograph record.
Xem thêm: How to check and top up your brake fluid
Wheel bracken mechanism has pair brake shoes 4, which mounted inside the bracken drum 3. Brake drum is rotating with roulette wheel hub. Brake shoes are mounted on unmoving brake magnetic disk, based on the bracken shoe pins 5, and pulled together by a spring 7 .
On the open of the brakes shoes facing to the brake barrel, clash linings 6 are installed. When press the pedal 1, the brake cams 2 move the brake shoes to touch brake barrel 3. The friction between brake drum and brake shoes do the wheel brake. When the brake pedal released, the jump 7 returns the brake shoes on their place .