SCBS (Smart City Brake Support)
rear-end collisions are the most common character of accident, and approximately 60 % of these occur at relatively low speeds of 30km/h or less .
Smart City Brake Support ( SCBS ) helps the driver keep off frontlet collisions while driving at the dense speeds coarse in urban areas or congested traffic .
When driving at low speeds ( approximately 4 – 30 kilometers per hour ) a laser detector mounted on the windsheild senses the car in front. If the system detects a risk of collision, it prepares the brake organization to be quick to deliver maximal stopping exponent when the driver brakes. If the driver does not take evasive military action such as brake or guide, the system simultaneously applies the brakes and reduces engine output, with the calculate of avoiding the collision or reducing the asperity of impact.
* SCBS may not perform as expected ascribable to factors such as the condition of the fomite in front ( some shapes do not reflect laser well, etc. ), bad upwind ( rain, bamboozle, obscure, etc. ), and road conditions ( multiple curves, etc. ).
Bạn đang đọc: Pre-Crash Safety Technology
* SCBS is designed to reduce the gamble of accidents by helping the driver keep off frontal collisions at slow speeds. however the system has its limitations, and no safety system or combination of such systems can prevent all accidents.These systems are not a refilling for safe and attentive drive. Please drive carefully at all times and do not rely on technology to prevent an accident. not all of these systems are available on all models or in all markets, so please contact your local Mazda dealer for details on handiness. Please refer to your owners ‘ manual of arms for extra important system details, limitations and warnings .
How SCBS works
Click here to watch a video showing how SCBS works
Smart City Brake Support [Forward/Reverse] (SCBS F/R) and Acceleration Control for AT
Smart City Brake System [ Forward ] ( SCBS F ) uses a windscreen-mounted near-infrared laser, highly accurate over short-circuit distances, to detect vehicles in front of the car. The system works at speeds of approximately 4 – 30 kilometers per hour, taking control of the brakes when there is a high risk of collision. If the driver applies the brakes at this point, the system assists, instantaneously increasing the brake impel. If the driver fails to apply the brakes, the system will brake mechanically with the aim of avoiding the collision or at least reducing the asperity of affect. In summation, SCBS F features Acceleration Control for AT. When the car is stopped or crawling at speeds of less than 10 km/h and the accelerator pedal point is pressed suddenly, as if the driver in truth intends to brake, an alarm is sounded and locomotive power is cut off, stopping the car from lurching forth .
Smart City Brake System [ Reverse ] ( SCBS R ) uses two supersonic sensors mounted on the bumper to keep traverse of obstacles when reversing at humble speeds ( approximately 2 – 8 kilometers per hour ). If there is a risk of collision the system applies the brakes automatically, minimizing price resulting from any impact .
In accession, SCBS R features Acceleration Control for AT. When the cable car is stopped or reversing at speeds of 10 km/h or less and the catalyst bicycle is pressed abruptly, as if the driver truly intends to brake, an alarm is sounded and engine power is cut off, stopping the car from lurching backwards .
* SCBS F, SCBS R and Acceleration Control for AT may not function appropriately due a kind of factors, including the supreme headquarters allied powers europe of the target ( some vehicle designs do not reflect radar well and supersonic sensors have difficulty detecting objects that are small, thin, abject to the flat coat, etc. ), weather conditions ( including rain, snow, fog, etc. ), and road conditions ( repeated or taut curves and/or exorbitant undulations, etc. ) .
* SCBS F, SCBS R and Acceleration Control for AT are designed to alleviate the burden of driving and reduce damage resulting from accidents and are predicated on the driver operating the vehicle in a safe manner. It is significant to be mindful of the limitations of the systems and drive safely at all times .
* Please check the owner ’ s manual or consult with sales staff for extra significant system details, limitations and warnings .
SCBS F & SCBS R in action
Xem thêm: How to Drive an Automatic Car
Sensor for SCBS F and Acceleration Control for AT
Acceleration Control for AT in action
SBS (Smart Brake Support)
Using a millimeter-wave radar Smart Brake Support ( SBS ) is able of detecting vehicles and obstacles a far as 200 megabyte ahead. When a risk of collision is detected, the system slows the cable car via a two-stage brake operation .
SBS aims to help the driver debar or reduce the severity of collisions, particularly when driving at mid- to high speeds ( between 15 km/h and 145 kilometers per hour ), by mechanically applying the brake if there is a risk of collision .
besides, the SBS is coupled with the Distance Recognition Support System ( DRSS ) that visually displays the distance to the vehicle ahead and Forward Obstruction Warning ( FOW ) that warns the driver of a risk of collision with the car ahead by alarm and a admonition ignite on the meter. These systems help the driver to maintain the safe adopt distance.
* SBS may not perform as expected due to factors such as the form of the vehicle in front ( some shapes do not reflect radar well, etc. ), bad weather ( rain, coke, fog, etc. ), and road conditions ( multiple curves, undulations, etc. ) .
* SBS is designed to reduce the risk of accidents by slowing the car when a risk of collision is detected. however the organization has its limitations, and no guard system or combination of such systems can prevent all accidents. These systems are not a successor for dependable and heedful drive. Please drive cautiously at all times and do not rely on technology to prevent an accident. not all of these systems are available on all models or in all markets, so please contact your local Mazda dealer for details on handiness. Please refer to your owners ‘ manual of arms for extra important system details, limitations and warnings.
How SBS works
Click here to watch a video showing how SBS works