What is Brake Fluid, and What Does it Do?
Put simply, brake fluent is a hydraulic fluent that facilitates the movement of the brake pedal. But that ’ s not the only crucial function bracken fluid plays – it besides acts as a lubricant for the brake system and helps prevent damage corrosion. Most vehicles use a brake fluid that is glycol-ether based, but there are other brake fluids on the market that are silicone-based ( DOT-5 ) or mineral oil-based ( LHM ). If you ’ rhenium diffident what type of brake fluid your vehicle requires, your owner ’ south manual should have the answer.
Bạn đang đọc: How to Check Brake Fluid
If you ’ ra driving a Hyundai vehicle, you can besides call our Hyundai serve center at 909-435-4993 to speak immediately with a serve adviser.
Xem thêm: Why Does Your Car Shake When You Brake?
Learn How to Check Brake Fluid in 3 Steps
- Under the hood, locate the brake fluid reservoir on the master cylinder. If needed, your owner’s manual should contain a description or diagram that shows you where to look.
- There will be “minimum” and “maximum” markers on the outside of the brake fluid reservoir. Use these indicators to check the brake fluid level – if it’s near the minimum line, you’ll know it’s time for brake fluid replacement or service.
- While you’re checking the fluid level, ask yourself this question: What color is the brake fluid? A dark brown or black color with an oil-like appearance indicates a need for a full-on brake fluid flush.
Why Change Brake Fluid?
There are several good reasons to change your cable car ’ s brake fluid regularly :
- Brake fluid draws moisture, which can corrode your brakes if left unattended.
- Over time, brake fluid can become riddled with contaminants that can damage the brake system.
- When your car’s ABS (anti-lock braking system) and traction control are enabled, they generate heat. The heat can have a negative effect on your brake fluid’s quality.
What Color is Brake Fluid?
When it has been impertinently replaced, brake fluid is about clear with a trace of yellow. What color is brake fluid as it ages and picks up contaminants ? It will finally turn to a colored brown or total darkness color that more closely resemble anoint, at which point it should be replaced .
How Often to Check Brake Fluid
You don ’ t want to run into unexpected brake issues in San Bernardino, so it ’ second best to check the brake fluent at least once per year. Brake fluid can typically go 4 – 5 years before it needs to be replaced, but it might need to be replaced sooner based on the make and model of your car, driving conditions, and your driving habits .
Schedule Brake Service at Hyundai Inland Empire
If you ’ re struggling with how to check brake fluid, Hyundai Inland Empire can help ! Our service center field is handily located near Highland. Contact us or schedule an appointment on-line to get started today, and be certain to review our avail specials therefore you don ’ thyroxine miss out on a great opportunity to save on sustenance !