Xem thêm: Wikipedia
car thefts seem to occur with greater frequency where large groups of cars are parked for exsert periods of fourth dimension in places such as denounce centers, colleges, sporting events, movie complexes, and large apartment complexes. Car thefts occur at random on different days of the week and times of the sidereal day, depending on the locations .
Below are some tips you can use to avoid being the victim of a car thief :
Xem thêm: How to check and top up your brake fluid
- Never leave your car running unattended, even to dash into a business, store, etc.;
- Never leave any keys in the car or ignition, inside a locked garage, or in hide-a-key boxes;
- Always roll up your windows and lock the car, even if it is parked in front of your home;
- Never leave valuables in plain view, even if your car is locked. Put them in the trunk out of sight;
- Always park in high-traffic, well-lighted areas, when possible;
- Install a mechanical device that locks the steering wheel, column, or brakes. These devices will deter some criminals;
- Investigate the purchase of a vehicle theft tracking/security system, especially if you own one of the frequently stolen model vehicles;
- Never leave personal identification documents, vehicle ownership title, or credit cards in your vehicle;
- Copy your license plate and vehicle information (VIN) numbers on a card and keep them with you. If your vehicle is stolen, the police will need this information to take a report; and,
- If your vehicle is stolen, report it to the police immediately.
Remember, there is no guarantee that your car will not be stolen, but taking precautionary measures can minimize your chances of becoming the victim of car larceny.
Bạn đang đọc: Auto Theft Awareness