2015 CHEVROLET CAPRICE POLICE PATROL VEHICLE
IS READY FOR ITS SHIFT
Chevrolet Caprice Police Patrol Vehicle ( PPV ) delivers the performance, comfort and base hit today ’ south police departments need. Unlike other police cars on the market, it is not based on an existing “ civilian ” passenger cable car sold in North America. It was developed in key areas specifically for patrol duty, with modern equipment and features including :
- Segment-leading performance
- Standard 3.6L V-6 rated at 301 horsepower (224 kW) that delivers a strong balance of performance and efficiency – and is E85-compatible
- Available 6.0L V-8, rated at 355 horsepower (265 kW), with fuel-saving Active Fuel Management technology and E85 capability, delivers best-in-class top speed and 0-60 acceleration of less than six seconds
- Six-speed automatic transmission with sport shift calibrations for high-performance driving
- Exceptional braking performance with heavy-duty, four-wheel discs and police-calibrated anti-lock system
- Eight standard air bags with rollover protection and StabiliTrak stability control
- Segment-leading interior space, with the center console area available for computers and other police equipment
- Special front seats designed for the long-term comfort of officers whose car is their office, sculpted to fit the bulk of a typical equipment belt.
New for 2015 is a backing television camera to assist officers when backing the fomite, which can be unmanageable with patrol partitions, guns and other equipment in the line of vision. extra features for 2015 models include :
- Column shift design to allow center console equipment mounting on installed platform
- Fuel-saving electric power steering
- Larger-diameter front stabilizer bar and new front struts enhance handling performance and reduce body roll when cornering
- High-capacity, 700 CCA available auxiliary battery
- Door lock override – pull handle once to unlock and pull again to open the door
- Refined front seats for improved comfort and revised safety belt receivers for easier buckling
- Bluetooth for phone and cell phone connectivity to audio system, voice recognition, music navigator and streaming audio
- Vehicle customization features accessible via new touch screen.
caprice performs exceptionally well against other manufacturers ’ patrol vehicles, with the Caprice PPV 6.0L delivering a higher top accelerate ( 155 miles per hour / 248 kmh ) than the Dodge Charger V-8 or the Taurus-based Ford Police Interceptor with EcoBoost, during Michigan State Police ’ s annual benchmark police vehicle evaluation ( 2014 models tested ).
Bạn đang đọc: Chevrolet Pressroom
Caprice PPV exterior features
Caprice PPV was designed entirely as a police car and its standard and available outside features are uniquely suited for patrol work. Highlights include :
- Daytime running lamps with reduced intensity are standard
- Daytime running lamps and automatic headlamps can be deleted
- Flashing light system for headlamps and taillamps is available
- Lock cylinders for both front doors and trunk are standard
- Heated outside mirrors are available
- Spotlamps and spotlamp provisions are available
- Full wheel covers are available.
outside colors : Phantom Black Metallic, Heron White, Red Hot, Silver Ice Metallic, Hugo Blue Metallic and Mystic Green Metallic .
Caprice PPV interior details and features
The Caprice PPV is designed to provide maximum ease so officers can do their job more effectively. The presence seats are sculpted to “ pocket ” the equipment belt, which greatly increases the comfort for a big stove of military officer sizes. The foam concentration of the seatback and cushion insert surfaces is designed to conform to the shape of an equipment belt out ’ s diverse items, besides, allowing the policeman ’ s back to rest by rights on the seatback surface .
Along with comfort, the materials used in the seats were besides cautiously selected. High-wear, low-friction materials were chosen to stand up to farseeing hours of everyday habit, while breathability, long-run lastingness and ease of scavenge were besides important criteria. Engineers worked on several iterations of the seat, testing a match of versions in the field to get real-world feedback from police officers, who used prototype seats in their cruisers for a month. Their input helped determine the final design .
As a result, the front seat cushions have been made wider, for increased comfort, with retool bolsters that allow easier submission and passing. besides, the back bolsters are revised for greater comfort with a duty belt .
The front seats feature four-way world power adjustability, including lumbar manipulate and manual recumb back – adenine well as quick-adjust manual bow and aft motion for extra consolation. There ’ randomness besides a built-in security panel .
several standard and available features are offered on the Caprice PPV that make it the ideal tool for police duty. They include :
- Standard driver information center in the instrument cluster with an oil life monitor and selectable “Captured Speed” feature that captures speed with tracking/pacing other vehicles
- Standard cloth front bucket seats, with cloth rear bench seat and carpeted floor covering; vinyl-covered rear seat and floor covering are available
- Standard driver and front passenger four-way power seat adjusters
- Standard analog 160-mph certified speedometer, with 1-mph increments
- Standard tilt and telescopic steering column
- Standard remote vehicle starter with remote keyless entry
- Industry exclusive front seat-only head curtain air bag
- Standard surveillance mode for exterior and interior lighting for undercover work
- Standard trunk release buttons mounted on both front door panels
- Available disabled rear interior door locks, handles and windows
- Jet Black is the standard interior color.
Additional inner features include :
- Dual-zone automatic climate control is standard
- Chevrolet MyLink radio – AM/FM with CD and seven-inch color touch screen
- Cruise control is standard
- Common fleet key locking system is available (not compatible with 2011-13 model-year vehicles)
- LED-lit red and blue flashing-lights trunk lid warning is available
- Lamp, horn and siren wiring packages are available.
Caprice PPV performance
The LFX-code 3.6L V-6 is the standard locomotive in the Caprice PPV, with the 6.0L V-8 optional. The 301-horsepower ( 224 kilowatt ) LFX is a 60-degree design, with the cylinder parry and cylinder heads cast in aluminum for moo weight. A forge steel crankshaft provides optimum potency in the bed end, while the cylinder heads include four valves per cylinder, with a double overhead camshaft design incorporating endlessly variable star valve time.
additionally, optimized-flow fuel injectors and the integrated run down manifolds/cylinder heads promote lower emissions. The LFX ’ s composite inhalation multiply besides has a relatively minor radiated open area to help it maintain excellent noise and vibration characteristics. The direct injection fuel system enables greater performance and efficiency, giving it horsepower that even some V-8s didn ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate offer entirely a few years ago. It is besides E85-compatible .
The Caprice PPV ’ s 6.0-liter V-8 is rated at 355 horsepower ( 268 kilowatt ) and 384 lb-ft of torsion ( 521 Nm ). It features Active Fuel Management technology, which helps save flatulence by allowing the engine to operate on entirely four cylinders during certain light-load drive conditions, saving the fuel normally used to drive all eight cylinders. It is besides E85-capable .
Both engines are backed by a six-speed automatic transmission performance-calibrated for police duty. It features the Sport Mode sport, which delays upshifts and allows earlier downshifts when maximum locomotive world power and infection responsiveness are desired. Its singular calibration allows the transmission to “ understand ” drive conditions and select the appropriate gear, even through tight turns, and provides the optimum engine torsion .
Additional powertrain and vehicle system features include :
- 2.92 axle ratio
- Limited-slip differential is standard with the 6.0L and available with the 3.6L
- 170-amp high-output alternator with idle boost feature
- Engine oil (V-8), transmission and power steering coolers
- Electric cooling fans and EPDM (ethylene-propylene-diene monomer) coolant hoses
- Available industry-exclusive auxiliary battery for police equipment.
All models feature a four-wheel independent suspension, with heavy-duty components that deliver responsive, high-performance drive characteristics that are crucial in some patrol scenarios. A close turning diameter of 38 feet ( 11.4 m ) and a generous establish headroom of six inches ( 153 millimeter ) enable excellent maneuverability .
Electric baron steer is criterion. It helps save fuel by drawing energy merely when the steer wheel is turned .
Caprice PPV safety and crash-avoidance features
Officer safety is a cardinal component of the Caprice PPV ’ s purpose. The body structure features extensive use of high-strength steel and ultra-high-strength steel for greater forte and crash protection, while standard and available atmosphere bags offer protection in the event of a crash .
Dual-stage driver and front passenger air travel bags are standard, along with read/write head curtain tune bags for the driver and front passenger, front seat-back-mounted pelvic-thorax air bags and driver and front passenger knee air bags. The front seat-only head curtain tune bags enable the practice of a full-width prisoner partition for greater policeman safety. Combined front and rear head curtain atmosphere bags are available, providing rollover protection.
Xem thêm: Wikipedia
Front seat-mounted side pelvic air bags work to reduce the risk of pelvic injury by up to 30 percentage. Each features an extra cellular telephone that inflates to a higher atmospheric pressure to better distribute crash energy loads across the resident ’ s pelvic area and chest of drawers .
To help avoid crashes, the Caprice PPV includes standard StabiliTrak electronic stability control, with a special patrol calibration for aggressive driving maneuvers. Large, four-wheel disk brakes with anti-lock ( featuring a police-specific calibration ) are besides criterion, along with hard, durable 18-inch sword wheels ( with bolt-on center caps or full moon wheels covers ) matched with operation Goodyear P235/50R18 tires .