How to Change a Headlight Bulb on a 1999 Chevrolet Silverado
- Step 1: Opening the Hood. The lever to open (pop) the hood is located on the drivers side on the left side near the floor, pull the lever up and towards you to open the hood.
- Step 2: Removing the L Shaped Pins.
- Step 3: Removing Wiring Harness From Headlight.
- Step 4: Remove and Replace the Bulb.
Click to see full answer
Hereof, how do you change a headlight on a Chevy Silverado?
How to Replace Headlights 03-06 Chevy Silverado 1500
- step 1: Removing the Headlight Assembly (0:45) Open the hood. Pull up on the lock bar and pull it out.
- step 2: Replacing a Bulb (1:40) Turn the socket counterclockwise. Pull out the bulb.
- step 3: Replacing the Headlight Assembly (1:54) Connect the two harnesses to the headlight.
Likewise, how do you wire high and low beams together? Using a single pole single throw relay.
- Connect one side of coil to ground.
- Connect other side of coil to high-beam wire.
- Connect one side of contact to low beam wire.
- Connect other side of contact to high beam wire.
- Alternative – Connect other side of contact to Battery +ve.
- enables the relay when high beam is on.
- & 4.
Additionally, how do you change a headlight on a 1998 Chevy Silverado?
How to Replace Headlights in a 1998 Chevy Silverado
- Open the hood of your Silverado and locate the retaining pins on the radiator support right behind the headlight assembly.
- Grasp the headlight assembly on either side then slide it forward, removing it from the truck.
- Insert a new bulb and socket into the headlight assembly then turn it clockwise to lock it in place.
How do you change a truck headlight?
Change a Headlight Bulb in 4 Steps
- Tools you need:
- Step 1: Locate the headlight holder. You’ll access your headlight bulb through your engine compartment, rather than from the front of the car.
- Step 2: Remove the power wires.
- Step 4: Clean and install the new bulb.
- Extra: Replacing Tail Light Bulbs.